Daily home care is imperative in controling plaque and tartar formation. Unremoved plaque from your teeth can turn into tartar in only twenty four hours. That is why we recommend that you have regular maintenance cleanings (periodontal cleanings), usually four times a year.
Your appointment will usually include:
- A thorough review of pocket depths
- Removal of plaque and calculus from above and below the gum line
(hard to reach areas that always need special attention)
- Examination of dental radiographs(X-rays) detection of decay, tumors, cysts, bone loss and determine tooth and root positions
- Visual inspection all tooth surfaces for decay
- Visual inspection of the the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums, including a check for lesions and signs of oral cancer
- Check current restorations, such as, fillings, crowns, etc.
Good oral hygiene practices and periodontal cleanings are essential in maintaining dental health and keeping periodontal disease under control!
To arrange for your appointment or to request more information:
Please call (905) 685-6559 or email us.