Oral sedation, also known as “relaxed dentistry”, will put you into a deeply relaxed and comfortable, yet conscious state for your dental appointment. It is intended for patients who have extreme dental phobia or a low pain threshold. It also depends on the specific procedure you are having done. Sedation Dentistry can be used for short visits such as cleanings and examinations all the way up to extended visits with comprehensive restorative or surgical care.
You may consider sedation if any of the following apply to you:
- Mild, moderate or severe dental anxiety/phobia
- Resistant to local anaesthesia (freezing)
- Hypersensitive gag reflex
- You require complex dental treatment
- Busy schedule (time contraints)
- You tend to experience heightened sensitivity following most dental visits
How Oral Sedation Works
You simply take a pill prior to your appointment and then relax comfortably while we complete your appointment. You will need someone to bring you to your appointment and drive you home. It’s probably advisable to have someone stay with you until the effects of the oral sedation have completely worn off.
To arrange for your appointment or to request more information:
Please call 905-641-2242 or email us.